Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans! I hope y’all ate lots of pie and turkey. 🙂 Engie @ Musings From Neville’s Navel tagged me in the Be Thankful Challenge, which is honestly such a sweet little tag to spread around the blogosphere. Thank you, Engie!
Five People I’m Thankful for in 2016
1. My family, of course, for being ever-supporting and shuttling me back and forth to my crazy school every day. THANKS GUYS. (Even if you keep losing me in department stores because you “can’t see me over the clothing racks” and are spending the entire time as we watch the dog show commenting on which ones are probably taller than me. -_- ) I’m thankful for my Grammy, as well, for being an awesome grandmother and being my fellow short person in the family.
2. My new high school friends, who are honestly the loveliest people in the world. I was really nervous about meeting and making friends, but I’m so happy I met y’all this year and get to spend the next four with you guys. Rhea, thank you for being such a sweet and awesome person and being a geeky nerd with me!
3. My best friends: L, who is great at cheering me up, being a science geek, and being an all-around amazing friend for seven years (WOW). Please don’t climb in an amethyst geode, my friend, or blow stuff up without safety goggles. And P,
for the memes for being my magnet school bud, entertaining my bad writing, and being such a classy bean.YOU’RE GONNA GO PLACES, YOU TWO. I’M SO PROUD.
4. My bloggy friends: Cynthia and Elly and Eve and everyone who listens to my ramblings. Cynthia, you are such an amazing person, let no one tell you otherwise. Elly, thank you for the tumblr flailings and in general-awesomeness. Eve, thank you for being my fellow musical theater nerd and being a really cool nerdy person!
5. All of my teachers, because I honestly can’t imagine teaching hour-and-a-half long classes for, like, three different grades EVERY DAY. I know I’ll be prepared for college thanks to them, even if I still have some time. (Also, they’re just all really cool people. My math teacher texted us Happy Thanksgiving today!)
Five Things I’m Thankful for in 2016
1. My school! I am so, so thankful that I have the opportunity to be at the magnet school I’m at, and to get such an amazing education. The bus ride is long and there need to be bigger staircases, but I am so happy that I’m at this school.
2. How easy it is to communicate nowadays, because I’m so glad that I can stay in touch with all of my friends now that we don’t go to the same school. (Even if the memes are sometimes horrendous, and our communication skills are sometimes lacking.)
3. Books, as always! Such a lovely escape they are, and I’ve discovered some really great ones this year. (I’m also thankful for bookshelves, because I think if my room was any more stuffed with books, I wouldn’t be able to walk around.)
4. My pets (although they aren’t really things)- our two dogs, Misty and Luna (THEY’RE SO PRECIOUS), and our cat, Slippers (SLIGHTLY LESS PRECIOUS, MOSTLY DEMONIC). My sister’s guinea pigs are kinda cute too. 😀
5. Nature! AHHH I’M SUCH A NERD FOR TREES AND PRETTY COLORS AND FLOWERS AND STUFF. My family has been going on Sunday hikes this year, which has been really fun, and it’s so lovely to be outside and in the woods once a week.
Five People I’m Tagging
as always, feel free not to do it, or to do it even if I didn’t tag you!
…and anyone else who wants to do it!