I, evidently, haven’t done one of these since November. BUT I’M BACK. Six days late. But we won’t discuss that.
- Honestly, not much. It’s like we’ve been really busy…but also not.
- I already did a blog post on this, actually. I’ll just copy stuff from there, I suppose.
- We watched The Hobbit…also I’ve somehow failed to mention this, but WE SAW STAR WARS AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL THEY ARE ALL MY PRECIOUS SPACE CHILDREN
- Birthday! Haircut! New phone!
- I organized my bookshelves, though that’s boring.
- I WATCHED CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER AND IT WAS AWESOME AND PEGGY CARTER IS THE BEST AND I NEED TO WATCH ALL THE MARVEL NOW
- My sister and I also watched Batman: Under the Red Hood which was awesome and intense for a cartoon? It also featured That Guy From Supernatural™ aka Jensen Ackles.
- My birthday was in January! It was lovely. That is all.
- I have so much motivation to do, like, actual art and writing and stuff, but then I try to do it and it all just flies away.
Have I already done all these prompts with blog posts???? -_-
“Ophelia” by The Lumineers
“O-Ophelia, you’ve been on my mind girl since the flood/O-Ophelia, heaven help the fool who falls in love”
*enthusiastically takes ALL the opportunities to shove this song in your face*
“Spirits” by The Strumbellas
“And I don’t want a never-ending life/I just want to be alive/While I’m here”
THAT LINE IS THE BEST.
“Wait For It” by Leslie Odom Jr. and the Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton
“Love doesn’t discriminate between the sinners and the saints/It takes and it takes and it takes”
This may be my favorite Hamilton song….though it’s really hard to pick.
“Delilah” by Florence + the Machine
“It’s a different kind of danger/And my feet are spinning around/Never knew I was a dancer/’Till Delilah showed me how”
This song is just addicting. And really pretty.
*aggressively attempts to plot*
Fave book this month? It’s a tie between The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (♥♥♥♥½), Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg (♥♥♥♥), and Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (♥♥♥♥). THEY WERE ALL SO LOVELY & MAGNIFICENT IN THEIR OWN WAYS. The Rest of Us Just Live Here was witty and so, so meta and sweet and hilarious. Fried Green Tomatoes was ridiculously sweet and funny (bonus ’30s semi-girlfriends). Illuminae got kudos for the coolest book idea ever because SPACE. Also psycho computers reminiscent of HAL (2001: A Space Odyssey anyone?) and adorable space couples.
Best cover? Illuminae, definitely. HAVE YOU SEEN HOW COOL THE HARDCOVER COPY IS.
Currently reading? An ARC from Netgalley (thanks!) called And I Darken by Kiersten White. It’s female Vlad the Impaler, aka the inspiration for Dracula…so this should be interesting. And intense. And probably bloody. o.O
I’m including January’s posts, too, since both months were fairly busy and I forgot to do a January wrap-up. 😀
I reviewed the amazing book Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley.
I shared some of my goals for 2016.
I discussed the Internet/blogging community’s aversion to book-to-movie adaptations.
I participated in the Who Am I tag and flailed, a lot.
I made a playlist of my current favorites in music.
How was your month? What happened? Anything to share? Happy March!