Remember that time, two long months ago, when I said I was going to host a Q and A? Well, guess what! I forgot! *jazz hands* So…I’m back with your (fantabulous) questions and my answers!
Some of these questions were pretty thoughtful and then some of them were pretty crazy, guys. Y’all are awesome.
From EMBER @ LITERARY CONSTELLATION: How would you describe the smell of your favorite scent?
This was one of the hardest questions! Like…how do you describe a scent?! I tried, Ember, I promise you I did…
Okay, so I’d say my favorite scent is pumpkin and all that. I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin scones and even the dreaded pumpkin spice latte (*gasp*)(Seriously, they’re really good this year). I guess I would describe it as Thanksgiving, home, cinnamon, autumn, and turkey. Because turkey.
FroM COFFELANT: WHAT MADE YOU START BLOGGING?
Oooh, I like this question. To be honest? I have no clue. I really don’t remember. It was probably something along the lines of “I-like-books-hmm-maybe-I-could-blog-about-it”. So I started my first blog, An Effloresce Of Thoughts. I still really don’t know what “effloresce” means or if I even used it correctly- it was one of those dictionary.com Word of the Day finds xD Then I realized that that was a lame blog name, so I changed to Where Books Never End, and then changed to the current Adventuring Through Pages so it matched my url.
FROM PAIGE @ PAGE BY PAIGE: WHAT BOOK(S) REALLY FIRST GOT YOU INTO READING?
This one’s a cool one! And it actually wasn’t Harry Potter (though I love Harry Potter 😀 ). I loved the Little House on the Prairie series when I was little, and I also read The Chronicles of Narnia a lot. So it was probably Little House on the Prairie that got me into reading, and The Chronicles of Narnia that made me the nerdy being I am now. 😉
From SUMMER @ XINGSINGS: What blog post are you most proud of?
Oh jeez, is it bad that I had trouble finding one for this question? Oh, dear. I’m going to go with these three posts:
- 7 Ways to Avoid Ending Up in a Dystopian Novel: Apparently people, mainly you all, thought this one was witty and funny and laugh-worthy? I AM HONOURED.
- Plots, Sub-Plots, and Doctor Who: Basically, I’m really proud of this post because I was blogging and watching Doctor Who and thinking about writing and something just kinda clicked and I went “omg I understand a writey thing“. Also, DOCTOR WHO.
- Feminist Fridays #3 Guest Post: Chloe, from the recently ended The Book Hugger, let me write a guest post for her Feminist Fridays feature, so I wrote about Girl Scouts and how people generally put a lot of stereotypical stuff into that label.
(Now I have a question for y’all: Which of my blog posts do you really like? I’m curious as well 🙂 )
FROM NIRVANA @ QUENCHING THE QUILL: WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO QUIT BLOGGING? IF SO, WHY?
I really, really hope I never quit blogging. I mean, I guess I can’t speak for the future, but I really hope I never do. Blogging is amazing, and so are all you lovely people. ❤ I think if I ever was to quit blogging, it wouldn’t be because it uninterested me- it’d probably be because of life and stress or something of that sort. BUT I NEVER WANT TO QUIT. I hope I continue to blog until I’m a little old lady who is 90-something and doesn’t understand these “newfangled children”. 😛
FROM MICHELLE @ THE WRITING HUFFLEPUFF: What is your favorite gif?
THIS IS SO GOSHDARN HARD. I could’t just pick one…so have two.
five random facts about Evi
- I am (sort of) lactose intolerant. Well, we think I am. It is unconfirmed.
- I do this thing when I’m nervous or freaked out or surprised or excited (really, just all the time) where I channel Kermit and flail my arms. This has earned me the nickname of “Friendly Dinosaur”, and some odd looks from classmates.
- I really like those old-ish songs that are sort of jazzy and orchestra-y. Like, “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra, “I Get a Kick Out of You” by Jamie McCullum, and “Luck be a Lady” by Frank Sinatra. On Sunday nights, before dinner, my dad always puts on those CDs. 😀
- I get cold super easily, so when it’s summer at school and 90 degrees Fahrenheit, I’ll be sitting in class shivering with a jacket. This could also be due to our school’s HVAC, but still. Today I was just walking around the house in like four layers because it suddenly got really cold.
- I am a huge Les Mis and Wicked fan, and I’ve always loved the idea of doing something in theater. I don’t care if it’s acting (haha, probably not), that group of people that does all the background-ish singing, or stage crew, but DRAMA IS JUST SO COOL. I love musicals and plays and spend like all my free time listening to the Les Mis or Wicked radio on Pandora, or my own CDs of them.
Much thanks to everyone who submitted a question! You all are amazing! ❤
There you have it, folks! Any last-minute questions you would like answered? Mundane life updates? Tell all below!