IT IS NOW NOVEMBER, AND THUS BEGINS THE CRAZY PRE-CHRISTMAS STUFF.
Calm down, commercial stores, a) it’s not even December and b) it’s not even Thanksgiving. ALSO, SUPER COLD WEATHER AND RAIN. A lot of rain. I think the entire past week has just been rain. -_- Anyhow, I’m loving the chilly weather. 😀
- For Halloween, I was the TARDIS from Doctor Who! If you remember the dress I made a while back, yup, the same one.
- I SAW OF MONSTERS AND MEN!!! They were amazinggggg and they sounded so cool and it was just so awesome! Possibly one of the best nights of my life. ;_;
- Not much else, really? We were moving the rest of the time, which was CRAZY, but I have three bookshelves now! Yay!
SO MUCH FABULOUS MUSIC. *shrieks*
“Renegade” by X Ambassadors
THIS SONG IS SUCH A FEEL GOOD SONG. And the music video is so inspiring- definitely watch that too.
“Could Have Been Me” by The Struts
I just love this song so, so much. It gets stuck in your head!
“First” by Cold War Kids
Such an awesome melody. ❤
“People Help the People” covered by Birdy
Somebody described this as a Les Mis song on the YWP NaNo so of course I had to listen to it and now I’ve become mildly obsessed. IT’S JUST SO PRETTY.
“Photograph” covered by Boyce Avenue
AAAAHHHH I LOVE THIS COVER SO MUCH. Bea Miller’s voice with his is soooo pretty.
(links to Goodreads)
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey ♥♥♥♥ So sweet and cute and sad!!! Very pretty writing.
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline ♥♥♥ Okay? I like Vivian’s perspectives best of the two.
- Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen ♥♥♥♥ SO FUNNY. Maya’s writing is on-point and poignant. I loved her adventures!
- The 100 by Kass Morgan ♥♥♥♥ THIS WAS SOOOO GOOD. I really need to keep reading the series! I’m kinda iffy on the shows…I saw the first episode and was like “NO” so I stopped, but people say it gets better so I have no clue. AHH.
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness ♥♥♥♥♥ THIS WAS SO PRETTY AND SAD. OMG. I LOVED IT SO.
- Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan ♥♥ I’ve heard Emily rave about this, so I was eager to try…but it just wasn’t my thing. Apple was whiny and quite frankly, rather immature.
- Aspect of Winter by Tom Early ♥♥♥ On one hand, it kinda feels like Harry Potter, but on the other, it’s actually super different and has diversity? I am conflicted.
- Take it as a Compliment by Maria Sloan ♥♥♥♥ Everybody should read this book. It’s a graphic novel and oh so powerful.
- Harmonious Hearts 2015 by Various Authors ♥♥♥ Some of the stories were cute, some were sad, and for the most part, the writing was great. ALSO YAY DIVERSITY.
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch ♥♥♥♥ It was interesting and I loved the concept of the worlds, but I didn’t like Meira. Not my favorite.
Yay! 10 books!
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: This is just asldkfsldfa cuteness. ❤
I participated in Beautiful Books and talked about my NaNo story.
I posted another review, this one of A.L. Kennedy’s Doctor Who: The Drosten’s Curse (which I loved!).
I made a soundtrack for each character in The Raven Boys.
I made some predictions and expectations for Winter, which comes out in six days! Ahhh!
So…five posts. And one was technically November 2nd. Oh dear.
NOvember’s adventure planning
I’m going to finally post that Q&A! I have some other (hopefully awesome) posts planned for y’all, and some discussion-y ones as well. Yay for cold and leaves!