September is over, and here comes Autumn and pumpkins and Halloween and Thanksgiving and leaves and hot chocolate and the cold! I’m an Autumn person- everything about it is amazing (which, actually, a friend did a post on: 50 Things I Can’t Wait For This Autumn by An Overthinking Teenager. It is the most accurate thing on the planet). I’m also experimenting with formats in Wrap-Ups because personally, I don’t care about the number of books a person has read in a month, I want all the life-y details first. So! Onwards!
- School was a bit chaotic- we had a week-long break at one point (which was soooo needed) but between a club I’m a bit of a big part of that was doing a major fundraiser and various projects and tests and another huge thing for a band club thing, life was crazy.
- I went camping- or glamping, as we called it- in one of our state’s parks and it was so lovely! Other than a hike with lots of stairs. The thighs were burning. o.O
- I requested a lot of ARCs and actually got some of them! So now I must read them all (I’ve done two) and write fabulous reviews. *nodnod*
- DOCTOR WHO SEASON NINE PREMIERED! And ohmigosh, that episode. Davros is creepy and I love Missy, no matter how evil she is. Jenna Coleman is also leaving Doctor Who, and there’s going to be a spin-off called Class that features the kids at the Coal Hill School fighting various aliens, and- best part- it’s being written by Patrick Ness! Squee!
- HOT CHOCOLATE. HOT CHOCOLATE HOT CHOCOLATE HOT CHOCOLATE. Yum.
- I have about a bajillion and one songs I want to buy on iTunes and no money to spend on them.
- Speaking of which, I’m seeing my favorite band ever, Of Monsters and Men, sometime this month! *emits a thousand screaming noises*
- SO MANY BOOKS ARE COMING OUT THIS MONTH. Carry On, Magnus Chase, Six of Crows… Eeep!
I have listened to so much music this month. It is crazy.
“I Believe” by Christina Perri
Also known as that song from the Pan movie trailer! I really am looking forward to that movie.
“Run Boy Run” by Woodkid
They used this song in the Doctor Who Season 9 trailer, and I flailed. A lot. This song has such a great beat.
“2 Heads” by Coleman Hell
This song kind of reminds me of a style similar to a banjo-yer Mumford crossed with Of Monsters and Men. 😀
I thought about my NaNo novel, which is a retelling of the original Sleeping Beauty story, some more? I’ve also been trying to keep a journal and write in it almost every night.
(Speaking of which, thanks so much for the positive response on my post on my novel ideas! You all are so lovely!)
(link to Goodreads)
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (reread) ♥♥♥♥♥ I will always love the Raven Boys.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (reread) ♥♥♥♥♥ I FORGOT HOW DARK AND BLOODY THIS BOOK IS. Jeez, Tana.
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (reread) ♥♥♥♥♥ YAY RONAN
Darkthaw by Katie Boorman ♥♥♥♥ I didn’t realize that this was a sequel but YAY ARCs.
Blue Lily, Blue Lily by Maggie Stiefvater (reread) ♥♥♥♥♥ PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK UGH.
The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence by Stan Lee ♥♥ There were a bizzare amount of typos in this book…and it just all felt kind of silly. How would parents not care that there kid was gone???
Doctor Who: The Drosten’s Curse by A.L. Kennedy ♥♥♥♥♥ This was, to be precise, everything
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour ♥♥♥♥ This book was so fluffy and sweet and unique. ❤
Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith ♥♥♥♥♥ Wow. Just wow. Everybody please read this book. It’s about a black girl pretending to be white, but it’s also about women pilots and friendship and struggles and war. Wow.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner ♥♥♥.5 It was good, I guess, but not good enough for all the hype, in my opinion.
I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson (reread) ♥♥♥♥♥ Just…art and siblings and family and ghost-y grandmothers. ❤
So, 11 books! Woohoo!
–Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
I went to the Decatur Book Festival and got to see Becky Albertalli and co.!
I participated in Beautiful People and shared my NaNo plans.
I thanked y’all for being amazing and announced a Q&A (keep giving me questions, thank you!)
October Adventure Planning:
- LOTS of reviews coming your way- I’ve got a whole host of ARCs on my Kindle waiting to be read.
- Have I mastered this Instagram thing yet?
- HALLOWEEN! I have no clue what I’m being yet (probably something from Doctor Who 😉 ), but that will most likely pop up.
- Various life posts, lists, etc.
- I have a few tags as well!
How was your September? What happened in your life? Are you excited for Halloween? If you are dressing up: who as? YAY FOR FALL!