So, I was recently awarded the Sunshine Award by nevillegirl, aka Engie, over at Musings From Neville’s Navel. Thanks, Engie! Apparently, the rules for this is you share five facts about yourself, answer five questions given by the person who nominated you, come up with a bunch of nominees, and come up with five questions for your nominees. Sounds fun!
Five Facts about Me:
1. I just finished The Return of the King from LotR today. I might have a post on it…it was really good!
2. I have 1736 songs on my Ipod nano, and I only listen to 879 of them. The rest are all ones my dad put on there thinking I would like and listen to them, and…I don’t. Sorry, Dad.
3. I’ve already started planning for my NaNoWriMo novel in November! Super excited!
4. I hate tuna fish sandwiches but love tuna melt sandwiches.
5. I recently became a Whovian, despite only being on episode 3. 🙂 I’m in love!
Now for Engie’s questions!
1. What book will you read next?
Probably Beastly Alex Flinn. I loved his book Cloaked, and I found Beastly at my library, so score!
2. Do your parents, siblings, or any other relatives read your blog? What do they think of it?
My mom and sister do…I don’t think my dad does. No other family members do, but I think my moms’ friends might. Kind of weird. But they’ve said they’ve liked it!
3. What is the funniest thing you’ve seen or heard recently?
Oh, that’s a good one! Ummm, the random tidbits where they actually crack some jokes during the Return of the King.
Legolas: Final count, forty-two.
Gimli: Forty-two? Oh, that’s not bad for a pointy-eared elvish princeling. Hmph! I myself am sitting pretty on forty-THREE.
Legolas: [takes out an arrow, and shoots the Uruk Gimli is sitting on in the stomach] Forty-three.
Gimli: He was already dead!
Legolas: He was twitching.
Gimli: He was *twitching* because he’s got my axe EMBEDDED IN HIS NERVOUS SYSTEM!
Actually, that was from the Two Towers, but anyway.
Gimli: Certain death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?
4. If you could choose, right now, to be either ten years younger or ten years older than you currently are, which option would you pick?
Probably ten years older, ’cause if I was ten years younger I’d be kinda small. 🙂
5. What is your quest?
I only somewhat get that..but anyhow. My quest would probably be to actually finish a novel I’m writing for once, and be a nice person. And not fail any important (or non-important, for that matter) grades in school. 🙂
My questions for my nominees:
1. Do you play an instrument?
2. What is the best book you read over the summer?
3. What song is currently on your mind?
4. Do you prefer Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, or Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit? Or all four? Or none (if that’s the case, fie on you. 🙂 )
5. Have you ever been to a concert? Orchestra or singer/band, doesn’t matter. Who was it?
And I nominate…
Isa @ Books and Stuff
Oliva @ Often Clueless, Always Shoeless
Robyn Hoode @ Spiral Bound
Ashley @ Words We Heart
Littleonion @ Little Onion Writes
Emily @ Books and Cleverness
Iris/Raine @ Sempiternal Thoughts
Shim @ Magic and Writing
And that’s it, I guess! Look for more upcoming thingies!